Monday 2 November 2015

Module 1: Task 1D, Images

Looking at my Facebook images brings back lots of memories and I feel very appreciative of the great friends and family that I have.  My dance pictures remind me of all of the different shows, competitions that I have performed in and all the friendships that have been made.

Family pictures generally remind me of events that have taken place over the years be it a birthdays, holidays or special occasions. I feel sad when I see pictures of my late granddad, but this is an important reminder of how precious our relationship was and how much I miss him.

Some pictures have a hidden meaning, like one of my graduation photos showing me standing on the stage. I am wearing a pendent which has some of my late granddad’s ashes fired in the sapphire. This was my way of graduating with him being there.

My Images

I have uploaded dance pictures which hold very special memories for me:

-Fosse: This showpiece incorporated the original choreography, taught by Mr Hack who himself performed with Bob Fosse

-Various Move It Performances where I represented The Urdang Academy. These performances showcase the Academy to thousands of people, promoting the training that they offer. This potentially recruits students to register and apply for an audition.  See YouTube link -

-Various pictures of my third year musical ‘Lend Me A Tenor ‘. This was such a great cast we had such a blast performing this show. I played the role of ‘Diana’ the eccentric ‘Lady Of The Opera’ this show provoked allot of Agent interest which lead to me signing to Global Artists.

-Last set of pictures reflects an amazing summer performing at Regents Park Open Air Theatre. It was an honour to perform in this magical setting. One activity I can tick off my ‘Bucket List’.

The last picture is of my graduation, after reading my opening paragraph you will know about it’s hidden meaning! Xx

LINK TO PICTURES:


How we use Audio and visual images in today’s social media

Media today has developed from that of the television, newspaper and radio, the Internet is an ‘information highway’ from referencing information to posting experiences to share with others, it is a huge part of our lives.

I believe that the use of audio and visual images is so important in today’s society. All pictures and videos convey an emotion, be it happy or sad they are taken to capture moments /memories that can’t be replaced .They should be looked upon as fragments of history!

I do believe that using the Internet and posting on social media sites is a quick and effective way to communicate with people and find out information.
I have briefly listed the positive and negative effects that this can have in today’s society.

Importance of use of audio & visual images:

  • Accessed by any device Worldwide via laptop, phone, tablet or computer
  • Allows the user quick access to post information or to view others
  • Great tool to use for Research and Education
  • Enables a person to keep in touch with friends and family
  • Creates networks, to broaden friends/associates
  • To use as a platform to promote or advertise

Importance of use of Audio & Visual images today:


  • Posts can show negative/offensive material that can be viewed by anyone (no age limit)
  • Can be used to promote terrorism or inappropriate news
  • Can create false profiles on Platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
  • Can be venerable to 'hackers', causing sensitive and personal information to be used in a fraudulent way

Everyone who posts a picture or visual image in my opinion should take ownership!
Since studying at the Urdang Academy I have been quite vigilant as to which pictures / images are posted onto my Face Book account. I have learnt that sometimes it’s not the picture that you have taken but that of another.By means of being ‘tagged‘ an unwanted or embarrassing image can sometimes appear. Checking my timeline regularly can combat this as I can delete unwanted posts.

I try to think about who can view my information?  Although there are privacy options that can be selected, I choose to let my information be viewed without restrictions. I am aware that Professionals such as teachers, directors and agents can view my profile .This is why I like to try and convey myself in a positive responsible way. First impressions count!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bethany - 1 photo repeated but really like the stage shots - other will hopefully visit and comment - the privacy options on anything is a consideration - best option is not to put up any images you are not happy with and ask friends, colleagues - and yes - relatives to abide by this request! Photos are often tagged and Dani I remember made a point about telling her stories about tagging from her time as a caberet performances...

    ReplyDelete