Tuesday 27 October 2015

Module 1: Task 1A, Professional Blog Profile/Introduction

Module 1: Task 1A Professional Profile
How to create a Professional Portfolio for Castings and Auditions

The information in this section gives examples of how a CV should be formatted in preparation for an Agent or potential employer (production company). My examples are very contrasting, prior to my final year of studies my CV looked like Example 1, the content was far too descriptive and gave information that is irrelevant upon graduation. Potential employers within this industry require a very little history about achievements before embarking upon professional training. A good format for a professional CV will include the following:
  • Name and description of the person, agent details / spotlight registration details contact numbers / email addresses
  • Profile; including character description (hair/eye colour, vocal range & nationality)
  • Training details, only give details of where you attained your professional qualification for example Diploma or Degree
  • Experience sub heading that shows your credits whilst in training and after graduation (Include where you performed, dates, venues and details of the production and Casting Team)
  • Skill Section which gives other information about hobbies, accents and dance styles.
Please see Example 2 which is my current CV, I have also included a template letter which may be used regarding representation and is sent to an Agent (Example 3)

Some jobs require a performer to invoice a company for work that they have completed. I have included a draft letter see Example 4



In addition to a CV I have my own portfolio which includes current head shots and full body shots. See Example 5.




Example 1   CV

Curriculum Vitae / Bethany Jane Emily Huckle
Address……………..
…………………………
Home Tel :
Email Address :
DOB

Personal Profile
I am a very confident and motivated young woman who can work independently and with others. For the past six years I have studied at the Nobel School in Stevenage where, I have completed all of my GCSE studies and extra curriculum studies which include passing my Bronze, Silver and Gold  Trinity Guild Arts Award and Trinity Singing Exams up to grade six. My attendance at school has always been outstanding and I have always participated in termly showcases and after school activities. I have shown true interest in helping others and helped younger students who participated in lunch time and after school dance and drama classes.
I am a very creative and practical person who can be relied upon to complete any task set. I currently study many dance styles which include tap, modern, jazz, ballet, I have achieved top grades in these disciplines and am currently completing the last graded exams this autumn.
During the past year I have been auditioning for a post sixteen place at a Performing Arts school, I have successfully been offered a scholarship place at each of the seven schools where I auditioned these include Laine Theatre Arts, Italia Conti, Bird College, Urdang Academy, Tring, Performers College & Body works. I am now studying my three year Diploma in Professional Dance and Musical Theatre.

Education
June 2011: Attained Grades GCSE: Dance A*, Drama A*, Science C
June 2012: Attained Grades GCSE: Maths C, English Language B, English Literature B, Science B, History B, Music A, Religious Studies A, IT – Distinction (B TECH)
Arts Award: Bronze, Silver and Gold (These awards have already awarded me UCAS points should I require them)

Independent Qualifications
Dance Grade Attained: Tap ISTD Advanced 1 (passed with a Distinction) , Ballet Inter RAD ,Modern ISTD Advanced 1 and Russian Ballet  Advanced. Trinity Guild Singing Exam Grade 6 (passed with a Distinction)

Outside interests
My spare time is taken up by training, performing and helping younger members at my local dance school. To date I have appeared on Got To Dance TV series, been awarded numerous awards and medals for solo, duet, trio and  group performances at local dance festivals  and  danced in the All England dance Finals in London. Last year I was a runner up in Hert's & Windsor's Got Talent shows where I was awarded prizes which included a photo shoot and professional work shop tuition. This April I took on the lead role when our dance company performed at Euro Disney, Move It 2013 and modelled Bloch dance wear.

Part time employment will help me to earn my own money and contribute to my studies in London, I am extremely reliable, polite and conscientious and would like to be considered for a position should one arise within your organisation. I am a very fashion conscious, organised and able to adapt to any task given to me. As a performer I am outgoing and able to interact with people, this is key quality to have within a working environment.

References 
……………..
……………..
……………..


Example 2 CV 



Example 3: Agent Letter

Dear 

Please find attached my current CV and head shots for your consideration. 

I graduated from The Urdang Academy in June 2015, attaining a Diploma In Musical Theatre and Dance. I have successfully been cast in the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and will be performing at Regents Park Open Air Theatre this summer.
I would be very interested in meeting with you to discuss the possibility of being represented by your agency.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards 

Bethany Huckle


Example 4: Invoice Template




Example 5: Portfolio Head Shots and Body Shots
















1 comment:

  1. I like you post. Great work.........Thank you sharing visit naukri bataovyapam-recruitment

    ReplyDelete